Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Top Ten of 2011...

...as of December 31st, roughly in this order:
  • Alps
  • Melancholia
  • A Separation
  • Bridesmaids
  • We Need to Talk About Kevin
  • Drive
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • The Artist
  • Martha Marcy May Marlene
  • Contagion
Honorable mention: Beginners, which would be in my top five but had a festival release last year, so I'm counting it as a 2010 film.


The five I'm most looking forward to seeing:
  • Margaret
  • Shame
  • Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
  • Weekend
  • Young Adult
Honorable mention: The Muppets.


The five I'm not looking forward to seeing at all, but will see nonetheless because I try to be a completist:
  • J. Edgar
  • War Horse
  • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
  • My Week with Marilyn
  • The Iron Lady
Dishonorable mention: The Descendants. I've liked/really liked every Alexander Payne film so far, but his latest seems like a misfire.
Another dishonorable mention: Moneyball. Maybe I should trust Bennett Miller more after Capote, but I just can't imagine giving a f*ck about this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment