Wednesday, March 13, 2013

She Came from Outer Space

First of all, I have to admit that one reason I definitely wanted to participate in The Film Experience's Hit Me With Your Best Shot this week was that I needed an excuse to share "not David Lean's finest moment", starring Patsy Stone herself (starts at 2:17).

My favorite shot from Booberella is definitely this:


Atmospheric! But now on to Barbarella...


...which was a total riot (even moreso than I had expected), so I simply had to choose more than one moment from the movie. Here are my favorite shots:



Because the icy blonde is by far my favorite type, and while Barbarella wasn't otherwise icy enough for me, she's at least surrounded by ice here.



Because that doll totally stole the scene from Jane Fonda and all those creepy children and other creepy dolls.



Because that is the best costume ever, period.



Because I'd like to know if there's anyone who didn't think "I wonder if Hitchcock ever saw Barbarella..." while watching that scene. Also, I seriously dig the design of that bird cage/dome of death.


And last, but certainly not least (in fact, it would probably be my choice for the best shot):


"One small step for man woman..." I mean, I'm no expert on space matters, but couldn't they have sent Fonda to the Moon the following year in a pink spaceship that's furry inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment