Monday, December 31, 2012

The Year So Far

My top ten of 2012 as of December 31st:

1. Holy Motors
2. Barbara
3. Amour
4. Berberian Sound Studio
5. Frankenweenie
6. Sister
7. Tabu
8. Looper
9. Rust and Bone
10. Moonrise Kingdom


And the bottom five, from least worst to most worst: Mirror Mirror, Wrath of the TitansThe Dark Knight Rises, Purge and Pieta.


What I'm dying to see the most: 1. FRANCES HA. I'm sure I'll have to wait at least until summer, though, like with Margaret last year. Also looking forward to No, The Loneliest PlanetThe Master and Zero Dark Thirty.


What I'm not looking forward to at all, but will still almost certainly watch (of course, most of these will get a load of Oscar nominations):

1. Les Misérables
A bombastic musical directed by Tom Hooper? Do not want.
2. Django Unchained
I do enjoy some of Tarantino's films (more precisely,the 1997-2007 period), but Django looks terrible to me.
3. Seven Psychopaths
Hated In Bruges. This one seems only a little less obnoxious.
4. Life of Pi
Mildly interested in the visuals, but that's it.
5. Silver Linings Playbook
Probably a slightly-above-average romcom that's wildly overpraised.

I didn't include The Hobbit, because I'm not willing to torture myself that much - the LOTR trilogy was hard enough to sit through. Plus, already the poster gave me hives.

No comments:

Post a Comment